Mardi Gras Silent Auction 2013
Thank you to everyone who has contributed items to our silent auction so far! If you have something you would like to donate,
. If you see an item on this list that you absolutely must have, but you are unable to attend Mardi Gras,
to see about setting up a bidding proxy.
- Gift certificate for the Low Initiative Challenge Course for ten at Apple Ridge Farm valued at $200. The Low Initiatives Course is a series of challenges that depend on the group’s ability to work together co-operatively. It is characterized by tasks which require the group to brainstorm ideas, develop a consensus within the group, and to work as a group to achieve a common goal. The challenges are situated along Apple Ridge’s hiking trail system and encourage team building and positive self-esteem.
- Rainy Day gift basket from the BMS Ice Kids early learning class. This would also work well as an Icy Day basket, or so say the Ice Kids. Contains an undersea puzzle, tie dye kit, origami kit, stickers, stacking tower game, card making kit, water color kit, foam sticker animal kits, and a decorate-a-frame kit.
- Connect to Nature gift bag from the BMS Red-Eyed Tree Frogs lower elementary class. This is perfect for spring, which is good because the Groundhog says it's coming soon! Contains a bird feeder and bird food, bug spray, magnifying glass, seeds (including some personally harvested by BMS teacher Virginia Klara), gardening gloves and apron, mini garden journal, children's gardening book, and a gardening bag.
- Self Care gift basket from the BMS Unknowns upper elementary and middle school class. After a long day at work, whether it's in an office, on the farm, or in a classroom, it's time to pamper yourself! Contains a unique coupon for a bottle of Buffalo Mountain Kombucha, soothingly scented candles and soaps, refreshing shower gel and bath salts, and chicken poop lip balm. (I'm not kidding.)
- Gift basket from BMS teacher Miranda Altice's Punkee Herbals containing: Sweet Simone all-purpose salve, Naughty Joints, Funkee Fungus, Cupid's Measles, peppermint lip balm, lavender lip balm, a therapeutic eye pillow, and a Matryoshka doll sachet. Valued at $70.
- Portrait of Tom Ryan on canvas by Greg Ward. Valued at $250.
- Game Night gift basket from the BMS Sandy Monkeys early childhood class valued at a billionty-million dollars. This basket is fun for the whole family and includes Floydopoly, story cubes, nature tic-tac-toe, Hissss, Uno, Dutch Blitz, 20 Games in a Tin, Ripley's Believe It Or Not quiz book, popcorn, chips and salsa! (You must provide your own costumed kids.)
- Pair of wall-mounted earring holders that double as dynamic wall art. Created by BMS Board Trustee Susan Slate.
- "50 Shades of Purple" shawl knit by Wenona Scott. Valued at $48.
- Mojito necklace created with argenite, jade, jade on antique brass by Anne Vaughan Designs. Valued at $90.
- "When one tugs at a single thing....." Relief print and drawing by Georgia Deal on handmade paper from Sarvisberry Studio with Gibby Waitzkin. The paper is made from abaca, thistle, and okra fibers with an iris overlay. The text was designed by Antje Kharchi, quote by John Muir. Valued at $300 and donated by Gibby Waitzkin.
- Leather bracelet by Woods Wear.
- Entertainment for a child's party up to an hour and a half by Dramatic Occasions by Joelle. DO your event today with creative and reliable entertainment services offered by Joelle K. Shenk, a childrens’ theatre director based in the New River Valley. Are you planning your child’s birthday celebration? Searching for children’s entertainment that is wholesome, safe, AND engaging? Perfect! Choose from multiple themes and characters including Captain Doodlebottom or Princess Esme. Adventures await and the possibilities…well, they are endless!
- One week of Blue Mountain School summer camp. Choose from:
- Mystery Camp: June 17-21 - Students will solve various mysteries all week, leading up to a big mystery at the end of the week. They will have a chance to participate in making footprint molds, fingerprinting, fiber analysis, evidence collection, informant interviewing, and intelligence analysis.
- BMS Radio Show - Local Traditions: June 24-28 - Students will explore local traditional crafts, music, storytelling, and traditional skills and will present what they've learned in a live radio show at the end of the week.
- Circus Camp: July 8-19 - Students will have the opportunity to try all sorts of circus-related games and skills and will put on a real circus at the end of the session. For returning Circus Campers, this will be a chance to refine skills worked on last summer and try out new skills, too! (Please note: Circus Camp is two weeks, and this auction item is for only one week of camp, so purchaser would be responsible for paying for the second week, also.)
- Full body work session by certified massage therapist Lynn Mace valued at $90.
- Gift basket of baby items from Crafty Weeks valued at $25. This beautiful collection of items is the perfect gift for any little one! The basket contains a soft and snuggly burp cloth, cozy argyle leggings, a fanciful butterfly onsie (size 12 months), stunning black and white print bib, and a fun flower hair clip.
- Natural balanced hoof trim and equine diet assessment session from T. W. Trimming valued at $75. "Natural barefoot hoof trimming can help your horse regain and maintain healthy, balanced hooves as nature intended. The natural hoof trim is a longstanding and well-documented way to achieve a solid foundation for your equipment companion. With the abundance of products and feeds available, it can be difficult to provide healthy and nutritional dietary choices for your horse. A diet assessment looks at a variety of dietary factors such as weight, forage, activity levels, feed, and supplements."
- Publication package from Wilder Publications valued at $2,500. This package includes copy editing and design of a book up to 300 pages. This book will have a black and white interior and full color cover and be a trade paper back. The book will be distributed by Ingram, the world's largest distributor, and the author will received 15% of the book's cover price for all copies sold.
- Original artwork by Emily Williamson for 4th Mardi Gras Ball poster valued at $350.
- Quilt created by Elizabeth Dore. This beautiful quilt is fairly lightweight and measures approximately 70"x75".
- Autographed copy of The Unnaturalists by local author Tiffany Trent. (Tiffany visited with the middle school class last year!)
- Alpaca roving from the homestead of BMS teacher Jonathan Vandergrift. This is just over 4oz of light fawn alpaca rovings, professionally washed and carded. The rovings are from the blankets of two happy alpacas, Pomegranate and Frank, living at Homestead by the Spring in Floyd.
- Packet of handmade note cards by BMS art teacher Lore Deighan.
- Custom mural painted by BMS teacher Corey Avellar valued at $250.